This almond crusted chicken is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes in the Pepper Hustle Adore Your Core 21-day program.
Almond Crusted Chicken
I love almond crusted chicken for a few reasons:
- It’s a healthy version of a chicken goujon…in my past food life, I was a goujon fiend…I ate them at home, in restaurants, at parties – you name it. If there was a chicken goujon floating around you can be sure I would seek it out. This is my version of a healthy chicken goujon. I use real chicken fillet. The “breadcrumb” is a mixture of almond flour, almonds and seasoning. The combination is delicious.
- Always a bonus – it’s a 10 out of 10 from the kids so very family-friendly (unless you have a nut allergy in the house, of course).
- Very versatile – you can cook a double portion and have them in a salad for lunch the next day – works great as leftovers.
- 450g chicken fillet (cut into goujon size)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅔ cup whole almonds
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Grease your baking tray with a little oil.
Add the almond flour, almonds, salt, pepper, paprika and parmesan cheese to a blender or food processor and pulse until the almonds are in small pieces (half a pea, or smaller). Pulse 4-6 times. It’s important not to over-process your crumb. If you over-process or process for longer time periods the almonds will release their oils. When you’re finished pulsing, pour the crumb onto a plate.
In a separate bowl, crack the egg and add your milk. Whisk together well.
Taking one piece of chicken at a time, dip the chicken into the egg, turning to ensure all sides are covered. Allow the excess egg to drip off and then place it on the plate with the coating. Turn the chicken and make sure all sides are well coated.
Then place the chicken on the readied baking tray and repeat this process with the remaining chicken.
Bake the chicken for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked through.
Homemade potato chips
Homemade sweet potato fries
Mixed green salad
Lastly, enjoy this simple but tasty Almond Crusted Chicken recipe. Be sure to pop a comment below if you end up giving this one a go.
Co-Founder, Pepper Hustle
P.S. If you like this recipe and want to get your hands on other similar easy but simple recipes – check out the Pepper Hustle’s Adore Your Core program.