Have you ever wondered why comparing yourself to others is stopping
I’m sure you have heard the quote “Comparison is the thief of joy” . But, I believe it is also the thief of individuality, success, happiness
One of the most unfortunate things that
You are instantly telling yourself that you aren’t good enough.
In that very
Why is it that often, we can feel quite content within ourselves and then without a moments notice we feel quite inadequate because of the thoughts of comparison swirling around our heads?
What you are in fact doing, is comparing your back story to their highlight reel.
We’ve all been there, unless of course you a proud peacock, twirling around in life thinking you are better than everyone else.
You, are someone who pretends to never have felt the pain of comparison.
But, what you also are, is someone who goes around life judging everyone you meet. You judge them as inferior to yourself and leave yourself feeling superior.
Trust me when I say, that is not a cool place to hang around either.
Just like that, judgment of others is just as toxic as judgement of yourself.
But I digress, if you would like know how you act like a queen click here
Ok, so, back to you.
Someone else’s success does not equate to your failure. Just like someone else’s beauty does not diminish your own.
You are unique and your story is unique.
Often we compare ourselves to others without knowing what their story is.
We stop ourselves from reaching forward because we are afraid that we will look silly in the company of someone who is quite fabulous.
But, what you are forgetting here is that you are comparing your day 1 to their day 100.
And that, my beautiful friend, is not a worthy comparison to make, at all.
You will never reach your goals, you will never live your life fully if you are always consumed by comparison and what other people think of you.
It’s like being in school and feeling you aren’t cool enough, or popular enough.
Those cool kids had their own insecurities just like you. Do you, be you, stand proud.
You don’t owe anyone an explanation for decisions you make it your life. So, stop giving them an in that they don’t even know they have because it’s all in your head.
In your head is the only place it’s happening.
It’s the only place where you can absolutely, 100% control how you are judged for not being good enough or brave enough or cool enough.
Around you are people trying, trying to do what they do, in the best way they know how.
So, a fresh approach.
Today, start anew.
Set your goals without caring what other people will think.
- Don’t stress about how clean your house is. If you have a random, unexpected visitor arrive at your door unannounced. Welcome them in, without asking them to excuse the mess, they aren’t there to see your house. They are there to see you.
- On the flip side, don’t feel any less within yourself if your house is always a mess and your best friends isn’t. She may just have a secret house keeper! (I have known this to be the case and it still makes me giggle)
- Go to the gym and do your workout without caring what your bum looks like or how many times you have to stop for water. Embrace your body and what it can do, lose yourself in the moment.
- Choose not to bring your children to every activity under the sun, 7 days a week if it doesn't work for you and your family. Don't force yourself out of the house, exhausting yourself and your children just because other parents tell you it's what you should be doing. Do what works for you and your family.
- The next time you are standing up in front of an audience as a keynote speaker, look around you and remind yourself that you have knowledge to give, so give it. You are good enough, just like every other person in that room.
- The next job you are offered, well ding dang, if you want it take it. Don’t turn it down because you feel it should have been offered to someone else, someone more capable than you. No! Life sends opportunity your way, you have to take it without feeling you aren’t worthy.
- When you have an opportunity in life to do something cool, take that opportunity, forget what others will think, feel or say. It’s nothing to do with them. If they aren’t supportive or if they pass judgement – nice one!! That's a one way ticket to happy land where you get rid of these people from your circle. They aren’t your vibe, so they aren’t your tribe.
- Be proud of where you are, how far you’ve come and for every little achievement along the way.
- Focus on being happy, don’t live your life to impress others.
Don’t get me wrong, nerves will always be there, but never let them hold you back from saying yes to new experiences. Nerves mean that you care, but they also make you feel alive!
There is no one in this life better than you. There is no one achieving things you yourself can’t achieve. If you think this to be untrue, you are already failing.
There’s a wonderful phrase I came across and it made me smile.
“Don’t let your ice-cream melt while counting someone else’s sprinkles”– Akilah Hughes
And there you have it, don’t let your ice-cream melt while counting someone else’s sprinkles.
Go, live your life, stop comparing yourself to others.
Stay in your own lane and remember that one
Co- Founder of The Pepper Hustle Method
Here's another angle on
To make one positive change in your life TODAY – join our Hustlers community – even if you don’t feel ready to start exercising
Join the hustlers today.
You can’t help but be uplifted by the positivity, support