Is it squats, lunges, the plank, crunches, pushups or something else?
There are so many exercises that fill my heart with joy when it comes to targeting specific areas.
Above all, I am a bit of a fiend when planning my workouts, I like to work the full body. Anyone who follows my training programs or attends my fitness classes know that we are all about
As a result, I really believe that when you target the full body you are always going to be on to a winner!
Finally, returning to the question at hand
"What Is The Most Effective Exercise To Target The Full Body"
Whilst there are many different options we can choose from, think kettlebell swings,
Drum Roll PLEASE.....
That exercise is...THE PLANK!
The Plank is an isometric move that involves holding the move for as long as possible. There are many reasons why planks are a good exercise to incorporate into your routine where possible.
The Plank works almost all of the muscles in the body.
They work the Abs, the erector
Above all, there are so many variations of this move that you are never going to get bored
If you follow this technique to get into the plank safely you will be all set:
- Start on all 4's making sure your wrists and elbows are aligned directly under the shoulders
- Slide the left leg straight back keeping in line with the hip
- Slide the right leg straight back keeping in line with the hip
- Tighten the abs and straighten out the back
- Keep the neck long as if the crown of your head is being pulled to the far wall.
Be Careful Not To:
- Sink into the shoulder blades
- Drop hips towards the floor
- Send hips high towards the ceiling
- Tuck the chin
Needing a modification?
Every plank can be performed on forearms, make sure your elbows are directly in line with your shoulders.
Similarly, another great modification whilst you build strength is to drop both knees to the floor and perform your exercise like this.
Like and Share if you found this useful or if you know someone who'd only love to get on with the challenge.
To sign up for our amazing instant access
Start your transformation today!