Who doesn’t love tacos? Not only is this taco recipe finger licking good…it’s so deliciously tasty you’ll have a hard time believing these kicking prawn tacos are so healthy.
In addition to being healthy, prawns cook in a matter of minutes so this makes it ideal for quick, busy weekend or midnight meal.
This taco recipe comes with a SUPERFOOD coleslaw – green and purple cabbage, Greek
- I generally use frozen prawns and defrost overnight in my fridge. You can also defrost prawns by covering them in cold water for 20-30 minutes.
- I used a mild chilli powder as I was cooking for my entire family but if you'd like your kicking prawn tacos with an extra kick,
useregular chilli powder or some cayenne pepper. Or add some chilli flakes at the end after taking out the kiddie portions.
- The sauce used in the superfood coleslaw doubles as the taco sauce…so half of it is used for the coleslaw and half used for drizzling over the tacos. If you have some leftover, it’ll work brilliantly as a salad dressing the next day.
Kicking Prawn Tacos
- 400g frozen prawns, defrosted
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 to 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Garnishes: avocados, tomatoes, mixed lettuce, lime wedges
Superfood Coleslaw And Taco Sauce
- 1 cup Greek
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
Firstly, rinse and dry the prawns. Pop them into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, the chilli powder, cumin and salt. Mix together well to coat evenly. Set aside while you prepare the superfood coleslaw and taco sauce.
In a food processor, blend the Greek
Meanwhile, place the chopped green and purple cabbage in a mixing bowl. Add half the taco sauce to the cabbage. Mix together well and reserve the rest of the sauce for drizzling over the tacos.
After that, in a large pan over medium high heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the prawns and sauté them until cooked and no longer translucent. This should take about 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a warmed plate.
Warm your tortillas and start assembling your tacos. Fill your taco with the spiced prawns, the superfood coleslaw, extra taco sauce and any other desired toppings.
Lastly, dig in quick as these beauties will disappear fast.
Be sure to save this recipe as this is one you’ll come back to time and time again. There is ZERO food guilt with this one.
Co-Founder, Pepper Hustle
P.S. Let us know if you try