It’s the time of year when millions of people all over the world are putting pen to paper. They are resolving to be better, be different, be more or less. They’re going to join, follow-through, commit and finish.
I won’t be joining them.
I stopped making new year resolutions years ago.
Let’s face it. New Year’s resolutions are pointless. It’s pretty senseless waiting all year to decide on three or four things that you kinda, maybe want to start or stop doing. But deep down, you know full well, you’re probably not going to see through.
And why wait for new year’s day to make these life-improving decisions, when there are 364 other equally good decision-making days to pick from?
New Year’s Resolutions Are Pointless
- We bite off more than we can chew. Realism doesn’t factor. Essentially we go from doing nothing to saying we are going to do everything. This is never going to happen.
- Our lofty aspirations are based on other people’s expectations. We worry too much about what other people are thinking instead of focusing on what will truly make us happy.
- Resolutions are written because we think we should. Our mindset generally lags behind. Often we haven’t really made up our mind to actually make the change.
- Too much thinking and not enough action. To succeed with any goal or resolution we’ve got to take action 365 days of the year…not just the first 14 days.
- Lack of support – we generally run out of steam after 2 to 3 weeks and due to lack of support we abandon our resolutions (if this is a problem for you, check out the best support available online).
Make 2020 Exceptional
So how do you make 2020 different?
Firstly – forget about resolutions. New Year’s resolutions are pointless. Think about the things you want to do that will make you happy all year long. Real goals do not start on January 1st.
Work on the things that make you happy.
Next – identify your WHY. When you’re motivation is weaning, your WHY will push you on.
So, for example, you may want to get fit or be healthier but you need to identify why this goal is important.
Do you want to be fit so you can set a positive example for your children?
Are you wanting to lose 8 pounds so you’ll feel more confident or comfortable in your clothes?
Do you want to be healthier so you’ll have more energy or a peaceful mind?
Whether you’re getting fit/healthy because you want to live longer, be a good role model, boost your energy or be more confident, understanding your why will help you reach your goal.
The more specific you can make your goal, the more likely you will succeed.
Lastly, believe in yourself because you can achieve any goal you set your mind to.
So Forget About Making New Year’s Resolutions
Living your best life isn’t about making some half-baked, half-hearted decisions that don’t really mean anything. Take the pressure off.
Instead, make positive choices based on what really matters to you. And give it your all.
To your success in 2020,
Co-founder – Pepper Hustle
P.S. If you do want to make positive, sustainable lifestyle changes and you need a helping hand to get your New Year off to an exceptional start, check out the NEW Pepper Hustle 21 Day JUMP START. To reboot your health, get amazing results and fall in love with your body click here for full details.