Is there a better flavour combination than chocolate orange? These healthy chocolate orange cookies are to die for!
This healthy chocolate orange cookie recipe is the ultimate family-friendly recipe. Packed full of goodness and easy to make with the kids.
Baking and cooking with your children offers so much opportunity to learn and grow. Getting your child involved is preparing them for success in school and life.
Here are some of the amazing benefits to baking & cooking with your children:
- Enhances language development - As you bake, discuss the ingredients and the steps involved.
- Increases maths ability - Baking involves lots of measuring. Kids will learn various measurements such as grams, kilos, teaspoons and tablespoons.
- Enhances fine motor skills - Mixing the ingredients, rolling the dough and using cookie cutters are all great ways to enhance your child’s fine motor strength and control. This, in turn, will develop academic skills such as writing, cutting and colouring.
- Improves reading - Reading the recipe and assembling the ingredients will dramatically help their reading skills.
- Promotes healthy eating - Children are more willing to taste something they've been involved in making!
- Teaches life skills - Cooking and baking are essential life skills. By teaching the basics you help your child to become an independent and responsible individual.
Healthy Chocolate Orange Cookies
But back to the healthy chocolate orange cookies 🤣
These cookies are refined sugar-free but are still sweet enough to keep the YUM factor.
I've used oats as my base and added chia seed for a little extra crunch.
And the dark chocolate mixed with the zesty orange brings this cookie together beautifully.
And did I mention...these little beauties come together in 10 minutes and are nut-free. Perfect for a rainy day activity with the kids. And even more perfect with a lovely cup of coffee.
If you love to bake, then I have a feeling you'll love these other sweet treats too:
- Super Fudgy Brownies
- Healthy Courgette Bread
- Blueberry Scone Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
- Raspberry Lemon Muffins
Be sure to let us know if you try this recipe - your feedback is much appreciated!