Delicious healthy, raspberry lemon muffins made from wholemeal flour. Moist, sweet (refined sugar-free) and satisfying.
I totally love muffins. What's not to love. They're a staple in our household.
At least one batch a week are made and consumed! Here's why:
- They're quick and easy to pull together - literally, dump all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and bamp💥muffins are made!
- Made with the right ingredients, muffins are a very healthy food choice.
- Muffins make an excellent breakfast on the fly. And believe me, they're so much better than any pastry you'll pick up at your local Costa or Apple Green. Not only do they taste better but they're packed full of good, wholesome ingredients.
- Need a little 3 pm afternoon pick-me-up? These muffins are PERFECT for the job - refined-sugar free, nourishing without the sugar spike.
- Baking with the kids brings me lots of joy. Sharing my love of good food with them is so important. Developing healthy habits from a young age is key.
Raspberry Lemon Muffins Cooking Pointers
- Double up - these raspberry lemon muffins store well. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze your leftover muffins for up to 3 months.
- Make a smaller version of these muffins for your kids. Use a fairy cake case instead of a muffin case. These are an excellent addition to lunch boxes. Your kid will feel like they're getting a treat!
- Use full-fat Greek yogurt. Using a higher fat content yogurt will produce a richer muffin.
- Raspberries are not in season right now so frozen raspberries are perfect for this recipe.
- This muffin recipe is versatile. Try another flavour if you don't like the raspberry lemon combination. Customise this recipe to whatever you have on hand...blueberries, nuts, seeds. The options are limitless.
Enjoy this recipe as much as we do. You’re going to love it. Pop a comment below to let us know if you give this recipe a go!