Rich, juicy, fragrant, bread dipping good simple slow cooker chicken curry - This one is a winner!
January is all about convenience for me. And there is nothing more convenient than the slow cooker. For those of you that have been following Pepper Hustle for a while, you know that food is my passion. Food is one of my big LOVES in life.
That is why I'm so excited to share this new recipe with you...it ticks all my boxes!
Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
What's not to love. It is most definitely a one-pot meal (cut down on the clean up). Simple slow cooker chicken curry is prepped in 10 minutes and so simple that your 10-year-old could make dinner. And if all that wasn't enough...it tastes amazing!
This is one of the easiest recipes I've tested yet. Literally throw everything into the slow cooker, walk away and come home to a mouth-watering, taste explosion. It is that good.
The ingredients for this dish are simple. But the result is amazing:
- Tender, juicy chicken
- A curry sauce that coats each piece of chicken instead of pooling at the bottom of the slow cooker in a watery mess
- And so much flavour that you would think the chicken was marinated overnight
Top Tips For Cooking Juicy, Tender Chicken In The Slow Cooker
- Use chicken on the bone. I generally use either chicken thighs or chicken drumsticks because they have more fat than the breasts. They remain tender when cooked for long periods and don’t dry out.
- Don’t add too much liquid. Slow cooking locks in moisture so liquid doesn't evaporate as much as it does in a pot. Chicken also has water content which releases during cooking. So you end up with more liquid than you started with.
- Don’t overcook your chicken. If you're cooking it on low 6 - 7 hours is perfect. 3.5 - 4 hours if you're cooking on high.
- Place a tea towel on top of your slow cooker pot and then put the lid on. The tea towel catches the condensed moisture from the lid and prevents it from falling back into your slow cooker pot.
This simple slow cooker chicken curry will not disappoint. It's packed with flavour and can be doubled up to create extra portions for the freezer.