My family's firm favourite - comforting slow cooker beef stew made quickly and hassle-free! The meat is SO TENDER and the stew is rich, chunky and fulfilling.
Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of hot stew. And this easy slow cooker beef stew is the perfect meal for a cold day. Slow cooker beef stew is so easy to make and is a crowd-pleaser. It's a winner in all the ways!
It’s incredibly healthy, hearty and perfectly flavourful. This is a stew you’ll want to make again and again! This slow cooker method is my favourite way to cook beef stew because it allows time for the beef to become melt-in-your-mouth tender and also it allows plenty of time for those flavours to development into pure food bliss.
So what makes this stew recipe so easy? Seriously - it's hard to get this one wrong. Besides cooking in a slow cooker (and we'll get to the benefits of that in a moment), the ingredients are completely uncomplicated. Diced beef, chopped carrots, onion and dried herbs - many of which you'll probably already own. It's as easy as dumping everything into the slow cooker and walking away. Whether you’re serving Sunday dinner or an easy weeknight meal, the family is going to LOVE this one.
Slow Cooking Benefits
If you haven't thought about giving the slow cooker a go here's a quick outline of why you should consider it:
- A slow cooker uses less electricity than an oven.
- Slow cooking brings out the flavour in foods. A wide variety of foods can be cooked in a slow cooker, including one-pot meals, soups, stews, curries and casseroles.
- A slow cooker can save you money - As a result of the long, low-temperature cooking, slow cookers help tenderise less-expensive cuts of meat.
- A slow cooker is so convenient. It can be left unattended all day - pop your recipe ingredients in it before going to work and come home to a meal. A slow cooker meal is an excellent choice for busy days, whether you work in or outside of your home.
- Having a meal at home in the slow cooker eliminates the temptation to order take-out which is often less nutritious and more expensive.
- Slow cookers usually allow one-step preparation. All the ingredients are placed in one pot which cuts down on preparation time and also on cleanup.
Pepper Pointers For Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- If you're short on time - just dump the diced beef into the slow cooker without browning. I've done it both ways and it's absolutely gorgeous either way.
- If you don't have caraway seeds or can't source them...don't worry. This slow cooker beef stew tastes delicious without them.
- Again - this is another fabulous recipe to double up on and get your freezer stash going. There is nothing more convenient (or healthy for that matter) on a busy day than pulling a home cooked meal from your freezer.