Today is world vegetarian day...and this is my absolute favourite vegetarian recipe - Superfood Veggie Dahl.
This glorious veggie dahl is the ultimate in comfort food. Fragrant, creamy and utterly delicious, this simple dahl recipe will leave you wanting more.
And not only is it super delicious, but it also comes together quickly, in one pot and is bursting with nutrition. What's not to LOVE!
This superfood veggie dahl makes a healthy midweek meal or is an excellent alternative to the weekend takeaway. Bursting with flavour and superfoods such as quinoa, garlic, spinach, turmeric and cauliflower, this dahl is literally goodness in every mouthful.
The earthiness of the spices compliments the sweetness of the potato resulting in pure comfort food. It's so good there is zero food guilt associated with this meal!
And did I mention that you can make this entire dish in just one single pot? One-pot wonders are my favourite.
If you've got the freezer space, you're going to want to double up on this recipe. There is always a stash of this in my freezer for busy weeknights. Just let it cool completely and freeze in portions for up to three months.
Pepper Pointers For The Ultimate Superfood Veggie Dahl
- Do I use dried red lentils? Yes. No need to pre-cook the lentils as they’ll cook in the curry.
- If you have extra time up your sleeve, let the onions cook longer in the pot for a richer, more fragrant dahl.
- No need to pre-soak the lentils - Give them a quick rinse and pop them in the pot.
- If you have freezer space...make a double portion and save for busy weeknights!
- This superfood veggie dahl is mildly spiced - feel free to make it hotter and spice it up to your desired level!
- I generally don't have a side dish with this meal as it's so filling...but if you are pushing the boat out, serve with some lovely naan bread.